Thursday, March 15, 2012

Blog Tag!

Well, color me excited- I've been tagged by none other that Mrs. Patton herself for an exciting game of blog tag. Get ready for probably more than you ever wanted to know about yours-truly.

These are the "rules"... 
1. The first rule is to post these rules. (Check.) 
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 things about yourself/your life. (Photo on the sidebar, you can live with that, right?) 
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post. (Check.) 
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them. (I'm breaking this rule. Anyone who I would tag has already been tagged.).


11 Autobiographical Points
1. Even though I wasn't born there, I will always call Texas home.
2. I met my husband on the internet. No, it wasn't on E-Harmony and yes, it freaked my parents out a little.
3. I planned my whole wedding by email with a wedding planner I'd never met.
4. My mom is an insanely gifted seamstress. I wish I made her teach me everything she knows,  but I didn't. I'm guessing she gets a lot of enjoyment from my frantic sewing project emails.
5. Now that I live closer to the Arctic Circle, fewer people ask me if I'm a natural blonde. I am, but I secretly want to be a redhead. 
6. I have a major addiction to Greek yogurt. And Nutella. But not together.
7. My favorite part of BBC programming? The tranquil sound effects they play when there is downtime between shows.
8. It took me a long time to realize that here, pants=underwear. Now I know why the ladies at the dry cleaner always laughed at me when I asked to pick up my husband's pants.
9. We're having our first baby. It will allegedly be here in July. Hooray!

10. The child compels me to eat oranges and lots of foods with tomatoes. He/she hates chicken.
11. I make my own laundry detergent. It's awesome.

And now for Grace's questions:

1. Age: I have been alive for a quarter of a century. 
2. Dream job?: I'm living the dream. I don't get paid in cash-money, but I live in a beautiful place, I get to cook/bake whenever I want for a husband whom I adore, and I have lots of time to read. Though the last part will probably change come July.
3. Favorite blog: tough call! I don't know that I have a favorite, really…but I'm a big fan of the ladies-who-keep-it-real-blog variety.
4. Favorite recipe: mmmm….chicken and biscuits. My mom used to make it when I was growing up and holy cannoli, it's my favorite. It's basically kind of like chicken pot pie, but instead of in a pie shell, you put the chicken mixture in a baking dish and top it with homemade biscuits. Not diet food, at all.
5.  Favorite book: CS Lewis' Space Trilogy. But I guess that's three books...
6. One piece or two piece swimsuit: one piece. always. I'm not comfortable wearing my underwear in public, ergo not comfortable in a two-piece. 
7. Most embarrassing moment: Does all of junior high and high school count?
8. Pet(s) & names?: Caesar. He's a Bichon Frise that now lives with my parents. I miss him so much!!!
I didn't have the heart to ship him as animal cargo. Does that face look like cargo to you?!

9. Specific makeup item I can't live without: I'm really loving Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. It has more color than a typical tinted moisturizer, but isn't as serious as a foundation and is definitely not as fussy to put on.  And I need mascara recommendations, so bring 'em on!
10. Favorite song of the moment: It's not a new song, but I still love it.

11. Weekend plans: We're moving on Saturday, so I'm unpacking…. and if I finish, we'll go party in the new village. And by party, I of course mean get mediocre take-out and $7.50 pint of Ben and Jerry's and call it a day.

3 comments:

  1. I've always secretly wanted to be a redhead too! But I only trut the hair stylists that tell me that would be a bad idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, congratulations!! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oranges! I ate SO MUCH CITRUS when I was pregnant. Water dense fruits. I would dream about them.

    ReplyDelete