We made it back to the village on Tuesday after a pretty intense 20 hour transatlantic slog. It was much easier this time since I had the Agent with me to help, but I am just here to say it is never easy with a baby, or when you miss your connecting flights, or when everyone assumes that the incessant screaming coming from the adjacent toddler is coming from your precious non-screaming angel.
See? Not screaming.
So what upset our fellow mini passenger so? It could've been that….
1. He was already exhausted from a full day of flying. They connected from somewhere in South America.
2. His parents didn't even try to put him to bed for the entire duration of the flight.
3. When he started rubbing his eyes and crying or exhibiting other signs of tiredness, his parents would actively try to keep him up- they would put headphones on him and put a movie on, offered him a snack, etc. No sleep for you, Junior!
4. He didn't have anything to eat except for chocolate and cookies.
5. His mom kept giving him baby bottles…full of Sprite. 6 whole cans of Sprite (that I counted), until the flight attendant cut her off.
6. He started puking from the massive sugar overload.
7. And his mom didn't change his vom-soaked clothes. Come to think of it, I didn't see a diaper change either.
All on a 9 hour flight.
I hope you weren't feeling like a bad mom today. If you were, cut it out and give yourself a gold star. Or a mother of the year award.
Go see Jen for more of this week's highlights.